“Ninety percent of what we call “management” consists of making it difficult for people to get things done.” (Peter Drucker)
“We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.” (Herb Kelleher)
At Strengths Institute we don’t get involved in the worn-out discussion between “Management and Leadership”. There is no manager alive that will not need to lead at times, and the leader with no managerial tasks does not exist. Our approach is Strengths Based – assisting managers to understand how their unique blend of natural strengths will influence their managerial skills, energy and success.
Although managing is largely a skill that can be acquired, some managers find that, even though they have acquired the knowledge to master the skill, they struggle to achieve the expected result within their management role.
This workshop does not aim to repeat the management skills and knowledge that you already possess. You wouldn't have been a manager if you didn't have the skills and knowledge. What we do within this process is help you maximize your potential by tapping into something no other manager in the world has – your own uniqueness. The more you understand the effect of your own strengths on your role as a manager, the better you will manage – but, more importantly, the more sustainable your own input and energy will become.
Management is a role you get promoted to. Unfortunately, many managers are not prepared for what they encounter when they step into the role of managing people. Aligning your own strengths with those of your subordinates, will establish a high performance team. This is only possible if your own strengths are well-managed. This also refers to teamwork where each team member needs to understand that managing their own strengths is the key to performance. And it all starts with you – the manager.
- Understanding your unique Top 5 Talent Themes. (According to the Clifton Strengthsfinder©)
- Understanding the Talents of those you manage and the importance of understanding this.
- Talent Themes in combination.
- Basics of Strengths-Based Managing.
- Discovering your unique style of Strengths-Based Management.
- How to draw on your Talents when Managing.
- How to draw from your Talents when the Management pressure is on.
- How to do Managerial planning from your strengths.
- Strengths Based Management case studies.
- Your unique Management challenges and how to face them from your strengths.
- Managing and Leading – the interaction and differences.
- The Manager as a constant learner – and how to learn from your unique strengths.
- How to Manage others (teams) within their unique strengths.
- Your Personal Management Strength-Statement and Strategy.
- Knowledge and skill in terms of Management best practices from a Strengths-Based perspective.
- Understanding and applying your own Management style for maximum effectiveness.
- Skill & Knowledge on how to draw from your unique Strengths in any situation.
- Skill for effective Strength-Based team-management.
- Understanding when to manage…and when to lead – from your strengths.
- Applying your own Strength-Based Management Strategy in practice – from today and forever.
- Skill on how to get the most out of your Staff.